Monday, December 31, 2018

I Have Joined the 3D Printing Revolution?

So, I got a lot of cool stuff for Christmas this year, but yeah, the biggie was this guy, a Photon 3D printer! I am pretty excited, and right now I am devouring the owner's manual. It's a resin printer as opposed to the filament, but they say that it produces better detail, but the resin is a touch more expensive.

So, I guess this is a short post, but all of you guys out there, what's some good pointers, or files? I have already visited Thingverse, Wargames Vault, and Yeggi, but I'd love to find more places to find stuff to print, or printer-specific pointers, as they claim the printer is easier, but I'd like to learn this by the numbers.

No automatic alt text available.
My New Tool!

It's on the smallish side, but I think it can print 'Mechs well enough, bigger terrain pieces might be a challenge, unless they are multi-part, but what I am really of a mystery about is can files be re-scaled. What I am looking for is can I take a 28mm file, and rescaling it for 20mm? (One of my primary scales). Can it be done, and how easy is it to do?

Also, what's a good tutorial for STL creation for a beginner like me?

As you can see, I got a lot of questions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment